Monday, September 22, 2008



As we tread through the vagaries of our enchanted and entangled lives, falling in love with so many things, both living and motionless. We happen to cling to some and forget some over the course of this long journey. But then a few things just keep coming back in life like some old flame; and one never tends to forget it. Writing for me has always been one of the most cherished activities since my school years. Though I have a limited prowess in terms of sewing words together, but I still love to pen/key down my thoughts now and then. One needs inspiration to put thoughts into words; this is so true. A few years ago I began writing a short story but could not continue as I ran short of ideas and the all important enthusiasm. So anyways that’s my way or working or writing for that matter. Even Ghalib (some of you can read Shakespeare) must have had some blank moments. So I guess I could be pardoned as well.

Well a few comments about France first and more specifically, The French Riviera. The place is really exotic with splendid beaches and some amazing sites towards the mountains. I have had some great weekends until now. I think I deserved all this fun especially after that first night here. The only problem is that eight out of ten people on the road have dogs and none of them bothers if that canine is disposing in public place, even shopping malls. So that’s kind of weird. The sun is too strong for my liking and it is really amazing that people can afford to lay naked all day with the red hot scorching ball over head. The food, yes, that’s a thing to mention. I simply love it. Very good for my baby in my bellyJ

Right since my childhood, till this day, whenever I listen to some specific songs, they remind me of different periods of my life and my brain is quick to flash back into nostalgia and jump to those long dried drops from this ocean of time. Those hot sunny days, those morning breakfasts with my younger brother, mom and grandma; the wedding of my uncle, some seasons of the monsoon, some school days, the fist experiences in USA, the perpetual feeling of homesickness, those days of seclusion in the winter break after the first semester of MS with the world so white and dark, falling in love with Sneha, those unplanned dates. And now as I listen to these OSTs of the movie, “The NameSake”, I just feel like taking the first plane back home and sit infront of the television set in the warmth my house in my home town with the remote in hand and my mom bringing in the aloo pranthas with hot tea, and then never even going out of the house ever in life. But alas! That’s just a whimsical wish. I know everyone staying away from his/her house feels the same way, has one wish – to go back home and just relax! But knowing that life cannot be spent this way. I know the moment I go out with my friends, I will forget all about these feelings and that time of yore. So I just wonder when I am guiltier – regarding the past to be perfect or while living the life in present.

“I wandered lonely as a cloud that floats on high o'er vales and hills, when all at once I saw a crowd, a host of golden daffodils”

No comments: